Argolight Warranty – Only applies to Argolight Branded Products
What is covered:
Under strict conditions set by the General Terms and Conditions and by the documentation provided as “Normal Conditions of Use”, Argolight warrants Argolight’s slides that all Products sold by will conform to the published specifications therefore and show a series of fluorescent
1. whose form and dimensions are set to +/- 110 nm in X and Y dimensions, and +/- 100 nm in Z,
2. whose spectrum , is similar in form in any part of the slide for similar illumination settings (wavelength, light flow…) and for similar
3. whose intensity is stable during the warrantee period, taking into account the restrictions hereafter.
Argolight specifies that the fluorescent properties of slides may vary in certain illumination settings, depending on the continuous exposure
time. Argolight warrants that after a period without illumination, which may vary depending on the exposure time (from one minute to several
hours), the fluorescent properties of the slide return to their initial state.
However, Argolight points out that the illumination conditions producing these effects are within the limits of Normal Conditions of Use, and
should only be undertaken in knowledge of the risks of damage the slide may undergo if the user exceeds these limits.
How long coverage lasts: This warranty runs for three (3) years from the date the slide has been delivered.
What is not covered:
This warranty does not cover:
1. the condition of the glass surface,
2. the condition of the metal part surface,
3. the effects and deteriorations linked to an extended contact with water,
4. the effects and deteriorations linked to an interaction with acetone, ammonia or any other detergent, apart from alcohol intended for
optical lens cleaning,
5. the effects and deteriorations due to unusual physical, thermal, or illumination stress and excessive light flow, whose peak irradiance
is above 50 GW/cm2,
6. the effects and deteriorations emerging from the use of the slide with multiphoton imaging systems.
This Limited Warranty does not apply to Products which are (a) identified by Argolight as a pre-production product, alpha, beta or similar
product or a prototype, (b) specials, modifications, or customized items meeting the specifications provided by Buyer; (c) items repaired,
modified or altered by any party other than Argolight; (d) items used in conjunction with equipment not provided by, or acknowledged as
compatible by, Argolight.
To the extent the Product is incorporated into any other instrument or device, Argolight makes no representation with respect to the safety,
efficacy, accuracy, reliability, use, or fitness for intended purpose of such integrated product. To the extent so incorporated into any other
instrument or device, Buyer hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Argolight harmless from any claims, suits, liabilities, losses, damages,
expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ and experts’ fees and expenses) and costs arising from or relating to any defects in and/or the
use of such integrated product, and/or the failure of such integrated product to comply with any applicable laws or regulations.
What Argolight will do:
Argolight will repair any product that proves to be defective as per the given specifications.
In the event repair is not possible, Argolight will replace the slide with a new similar slide or with equivalent capacities, or refund the full
purchase price of the slide.
How to get service:
To submit a warranty claim, please contact Argolight by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A service representative will contact you within 10
working days to organize the product return by mail for Argolight to analyze it. Argolight will then take any necessary action to correct
problems covered by this warranty.
EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE, ARGOLIGHT MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
Please know that the warranty expressed here only concerns the fluorescence. Warranty about the electronics was at the time announced to be 1 year.